Past Research Packages
2016 - 2017
2015 - 2016
2014 - 20151. This House believes that human rights laws are incompatible with democratic values
2. This House would limit advertising around all major holidays
3. This House believes the Canadian Senate does not have a place in modern-day government.
Calgary Churchill Topic: BIRT Sir Winston churchill's position on the abdication of Edward viii was justified!
Edmonton Churchill Topic: This House Believes That Churchill would have supported a global response to the Ebola crisis.
2013 - 2014
1. THW Punish Student Bystanders for Failing to Stop Bullying
2. THW Establish Gender Quotas For Legislative Assemblies
3. TH Prefers Stability to Democracy in the Arab World
THBT Churchill Would Have Supported Whistleblowers Exposing Misconduct in Government Agencies and Committees to the Public
2012 - 2013
1. THW Allow Free Distribution of Music on the Internet
2. THBT Pharmaceutical Companies should hold Patents on Medical Discoveries
3. TH Supports Free Immigration
2011 - 20121. THBT the Indian Act should be Abolished
2. THW Allow Essential Services to Strike
3. THBT the 21st Century will be China's Century
2010 - 2011
1. THW Decriminalize Marijuana
2. THW Put a Moratorium on the Development of Oil Sands
3. THW not Protect the Identity of Young Offenders Convicted with Criminal Offences
2009 - 2010
1. BIRT We should Legalise the Sale of Human Organs
2. THW Legalise the Sale of Human Organs
3. BIRT No Country has the Right to Possess Nuclear Weapons
4. THBT No Country has the Right to Possess Nuclear Weapons
5. BIRT Canada’s Military should Remain in Afghanistan Beyond 2011
6. THBT NATO’s Military should Remain in Afghanistan Beyond 2011
2008 - 2009
1. Farmers should be given a fuel tax rebate for fuel used in farming operations.
2. This House Supports the actions of Brigadier-General Reginald Dyer on April 13, 1919 in Amritsar
3. THBT terrorism can be justified
4. BIRT terrorism can be justified
5. THBT globalization benefits "developing" or "non-industrialized" countries
6. This House believes that we should Ban extremist Political Parties
2007 - 2008
1. BIRT Canada should increase its reliance on nuclear energy
2. BIRT the 2009 Canadian commitment in Afghanistan be extended.
3. BIRT free trade has benefitted the developing world. (French)
4. BIRT free trade has been beneficial to Canada. (French)
2006 - 2007
1. BIRT Canada should remove health benefits for those who choose an unhealthy lifestyle.
2. BIRT Transnational companies be required to abide by Western human rights and environmental guidelines.
3. BIRT Internet companies should boycott China until it allows its citizens unrestricted access to the Web.
4. BIRT The use of force be supported to impose democracy.